Hot off the presses, our first issue
We are thrilled to announce the release of the September issue of Library Student Journal—our first!
We have here a diverse blend of papers in this first issue:
- Editor-in-chief Eli Guinnee introduces the first issue by advocating greater LIS participation in the Open Access publishing world;
- David Brian Holt explores the effect of Internet filtering on the gay/lesbian patron;
- Michael Giarlo examines the role skepticism plays in human-information behavior;
- Cynthia Oser tells us that the problem of "underagism" can no longer be ignored, and gives us some suggestions;
- Lana Gottschalk overviews the current state of Internet filtering in public libraries;
- Licia Slimon writes about her personal experience with IM reference at the Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh;
- Leith Robinson argues the case for content analysis;
- And Benjamin Hockenberry reviews The knowledge entrepreneur, by Stan Skrzeszewski.